Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Catch Up

It has come to my attention that I am not updating my blog enough, thus making it not interesting to potential viewers. Poor marketing on my part. I love to get on other people's blogs on Sunday afternoon and get all caught up. I'll sum up our last few months quickly:
  • December was a fun month with family and the holidays. Right before Christmas Rick's sister graduated from BYU-Idaho, so we made the journey. Highlight: we forgot all our luggage for the weekend trip! I was not a happy camper. Christmas we spent at the Bear Lake Cabin with my family, and New Years in Brigham City with our ole pal Jay (back from PT school in Vegas).
  • Rick started a new job working for Great Dane of Utah (sound familiar.. it's the family business). He likes it so far, especially the new company car and the chance to have a 9-5 job without being stuck to an office. Learning lots about semi-trailers! Dislikes: that he has to leave me to travel :(
  • I'm still working away at my 1-2 grade split, nearing the end of the school year. Trying to decide what to do for a job next year? So many options... what we have learned?- choose wisely!
  • We have loved watching the Olympics and even became inspired to go ice skating this last weekend. We strapped up our laces and Rick took off at top speed; I cautiously slid about the ice. I honestly thought I knew everything about Rick after all these years, but that night I discovered he was in childhood ice skating classes, earning snowflake badges for each new trick he mastered. He even recognized the harnesss hanging from the ceiling to practice the jumps. I want picture proof of our little snowflake, so I'll ask Carolyn for that. What was a comical fun date night has turned into two days of soar leg muscles for Rick. Guess we're not as spry as when we were earning snowflake badges!

6 comments:

  1. We recently went ice skating for the first time together. Ice skating is just one of those things, either you can do it or you can't. Fun date. You've inspired me to try it again with Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? A snowflake badge, I want one! I was never much of a skater- fairly clumsy on the ice. Ricky never ceases to surprise us. Go for the gold in 2014- we're training in curling....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys have had a fun last few months. I would love to see Luke try out some ice skating one of these days :) Glad to hear Rick is enjoy GD and that you have (almost) survived the 1-2 split class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you too Alli!! We need to get together SOON!!

    I am wondering about a job for next year too! How about we just don't get jobs next year and move somewhere warm and beachy??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see the updates - I want to come and see your house! Maybe you should invite us over for dinner? He He Just Kidding! Well sort of. Maybe we can invite ourselves and bring dinner! Hang in there with school kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alli, it was so fun to get together the other night, even though it was at a waterfowl banquet and freezing cold. Hope to see you soon and hope school eases up a bit.

    ReplyDelete