Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weekend Fun

It's official- I attended my first ever duck hunting banquet! It was a one of a kind date. They served dutch oven chicken, potatoes, and cobbler (of course). Rick was the lucky winner of not one, but two camo hats- something he has very little of! At least I had good company, another fun couple and a cute baby to play with. If you look closely in the background of this picture is a couple who took this date very seriously- he had on his best camo, and she had on a black sparkly evening gown with black high heels. Someone forgot to tell her they don't heat this barn, and it was a cold evening for her! (that's why her black jacket finally covered the evening gown, darn it!)
This last week, Rick and I were lucky enough to go to the Jazz Game. They played well, and won by 10! Wahoo. The most entertaining part was this 5 year old boy in the seat right in front of us that danced like crazy the whole game! He made me tired just watching him. He was hilarious though- no fear. Busting out moves like the robot; and he knew all the words to Lady GaGa- Bad Romance. His nice moves landed Rick and I unsuspectedly on tv- rick was chewing his program, and I was watching the jumbo screen. Texts started flying in- smile you're on tv! Let's imagine we looked like this pict.


3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha you have me laughing. the evening gown was something. she took the banquet to a new level. i was glad rick won something so we didn't come out empty handed. looks like you had some great seats and a great time at the jazz game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a duck hunting banquet? Who puts that on? Who gets to be invited? This is a new one! You said this was your first.. do you expect to go to many others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alli! I never knew you had a blog! It's fun to see all the cool things you and Rick have been doing. I hope things are going well for you two. I saw the comment you left on our blog...I definitely did NOT make my girls those dresses, but thank you for thinking I was that talented. My platform for Miss SoJo was "Strengthening families in the home, community and in our nation" or something like that. Pretty much anything goes for Miss SoJo! If she really does it and needs anything let me know...it's been a few years but I'm sure I still have the standard list of interview questions and stuff they use!

    ReplyDelete