Saturday, March 3, 2012

Projects are getting done!



I think I have had that horrible nesting bug for awhile now. Over Christmas Break I cleaned out closets like crazy, bought tons of bins and organized all my wrapping paper, folded my tissue paper, sorted the bows, cleaned out old scrapbook stuff, organized paper, you know... those type of crazy things that baby is not going to even notice or care if they are done! Then I pressured Rick to clean out the garage, buy shelving and (more) bins. After much nagging, he did that. Looks great! Baby will love the garage I'm sure!

But a few of the projects have actually been practical. We put together his nursery and cleaned and organized the laundry room so that I will be happy to be washing tons more clothes- even if they are cute, tiny and spit-up covered.
I had to laugh at this picture. Rick was so mad when he pulled into the driveway. Isn't this why we have a truck??!? Oh wait.... that would require it to be registered, insured, windows un-tinted and street legal to go to home depot. Add those items to the ever-growing "to-do"list so that next time we need bead board and moulding we can take the truck...
Rick did a fabulous job!! I told him I wanted bead board and a shelf and he far surpassed my expectations.
We slowly started getting our furniture and bedding. Thanks Grandma Jen for sewing his cute blanket that became the inspiration for the whole room!
Almost done... if we could only pick a name, then I could put it on the wall above his crib in the large empty space you see. If only names were easy! But just imagine it totally done.
His changing table came out nice after Rick built the bottom shelf and Chase painted it for us. I'm sure we'll spend many a hours changing diapers here.
This was the extent of my laundry room organization before. Stack everything on the dryer or throw it in a laundry basket on the floor that is always in the way. Hang coats on the ironing board and therefore never iron. It literally became a jenga situation on the dryer before I lost patience and asked Rick to buy shelving and (more) bins so that I could organize, and even label my madness. It is now entirely functional and actually one of my favorite places to be. I love doing laundry actually. It smells so good in the process and after.
Ta-da! I feel better! Baby can now come.. we are organized enough to wash his laundry :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed! Everything looks great and ready for Baby White! I wish my nesting allowed me to accomplish so much! We are so excited for you guys! Can't believe he'll be here in less than a month! Let us know when he arrives. Good luck choosing a name they are hard and good luck with everything else! Can't wait to see the little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room!! There isn't an aspect I don't love. I also think I need to copy your laundry room organization. Luckily we nest so things get organized some of the time... I can't wait for Baby White!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything turned out awesome! I really love the beadboard! Rick did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! It all looks great! I talked to your mom and Carter yesterday at my mom's and they were both super excited to become a grandma/uncle soon!!! Good luck, we are excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all Ali. The room is awesome. I have to say in all the years I changed diapers I never had a changing table, just plopped them on the floor or the bed. Good luck with the labor, and let us know when we can come see him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love your nursery!! I can't wait to see it in person. Rick did a great job with the beadboard! The jungle theme is adorable!! You are gonna be such a cute mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alli! Looks AWESOME! Love the wood sticking out of the car window - made me laugh! And YAY for laundry room organization!!! Nursery is darling. Can't wait for your little man to get here:)Cute rug by the way - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete